Discussion about Importance of Census Data on Religion by Wajahat Habibullah Former Chairman, National Commission for Minorities ; Prof. S S Jodhka Centre for the Study of Social Systems, JNU ; Rakesh Sinha Director, India Policy Foundation ; Dr. M Vijayanunni Former Census Commissioner and former Chief Secretary of Kerala.
In conversation with Former President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam. In this interview, Dr. Kalam shares his thoughts on the economic development in India; the need for a national policy on innovation; transformation of national politics and more.
These are Suggested Articles for 29th January 2015 please go through these selected articles from various papers.I suggest you to spend quality time with news papers and today’s paper contains lot of articles about International relations,tax cases and disinvestment.
- Cabinet goes by HC tax relief for Vodafone – The Hindu tax issue
- SC cracks down on search engines – The Hindu
- Remove ads on pre-natal sex selection: SC – The Hindu
- Power line realigned in M.P. for safe flight of vultures – The Hindu
- Debates show why Preambles original text left out the two words – The Hindu
- Impeached Sri Lankan Chief Justice reinstated – The Hindu
- The new entente with the U.S. – The Hindu
- In the cause of right-wing liberalism – The Hindu
- Poverty and electoral priorities – The Hindu
- The dynamics of inequality – The Hindu
- Going beyond symbolism – The Hindu
- Economic reforms and the Hindutva project – The Hindu
- The lesson from Yemen – The Hindu
- Centre to dilute stake in CIL tomorrow – The Hindu
- Let nation debate Preamble: Ravi Shankar – The Hindu
- Jaishankar replaces Sujatha Singh as Foreign Secretary – The Hindu
- No deal on climate | Business Standard Editorials
- The art of the deal | The Indian Express IR C.Raja Mohan Must read.
These are Suggested Articles for 28th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do,Today’ cartoonscape captures the reality very nicely.
Due to email newsletter limitations,I am forced to remove the Daily suggested articles category from sending mails daily,you can follow us on Facebook page or if you feel that receiving emails daily is better option, please mail me your suggestions to email@example.com or through comments section.
- Markets continue record-setting spree – The Hindu
- A day after honour, colonel killed in J&K – The Hindu
- After the nuclear step, the big leap – The Hindu
- Ignoring the other Osama – The Hindu
- Securing a future for ;Digital India; – The Hindu
- A new chapter of openness – The Hindu
- Cartoonscape – The Hindu
- Modi, Obama acknowledge youth power – The Hindu
- Missing words; in Preamble spark row – The Hindu
- Andy Mukherjee: Restoring federal balance | Business Standard Column
These are Suggested Articles for 27th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- Common Man creator no more – The Hindu
- China warns India against West trap – The Hindu
- Colombia’s Paulina is Miss Universe – The Hindu
- A visit and outcomes in superlatives – The Hindu
- BCCI monopoly and judicial review – The Hindu
- Concern over climate, compromise on nature – The Hindu
- Momentous vote in Greece – The Hindu
- The deadlock in Nepal – The Hindu
- When the young revolt against corrupt elites – The Hindu
- Warm ocean melting East Antarctica’s largest glacier – The Hindu
- Permanent commission for women hanging fire – The Hindu
- Unnatural Greek coalition could be short-lived – The Hindu
- Four years since Arab Spring, Saudi Arabia is the last regional power standing – The Hindu
- Primary market revival will confer all round benefits – The Hindu
These are Suggested Articles for 21st January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also suffice.
- Giant leap for big cat – The Hindu
- SC reposes faith in SIT on black money – The Hindu
- Release funds to Greenpeace, HC tells Centre – The Hindu
- India to beat China in growth in 2016: IMF – The Hindu
- India is world’s second most trusting nation: survey – The Hindu
- Indian-origin boy builds Braille printer, starts company – The Hindu
- Urbanisation reducing inequality: World Bank report – The Hindu
- Will implement 13th Amendment within a unitary state: Ranil – The Hindu
- China steps up drive to integrate Africa into Silk Road – The Hindu
- Ideology and the rise of terror – The Hindu
- For prudent crisis planning on terror – The Hindu
- A prophet abandoned by his own community – The Hindu
- Short of stalwarts – The Hindu
- Focus on public investment – The Hindu
- Odds of escaping poverty in India, U.S. same: WB
These are Suggested Articles for 20th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also be enough.
- Joint session no solution to end Rajya Sabha logjam – The Hindu Paper 2
- Keema, papad now in Oxford dictionary – The Hindu
- Pahlaj Nihalani is censor board chief – The Hindu PIN
- He was the first to foresee caste factor – The Hindu PIN
- India’s Afghan dilemma – The Hindu IR
- Memories of Jawaharlal Nehru – The Hindu
- Dealing with first generation school-goers – The Hindu Social Issues
- Ceding ground to the Army – The Hindu Pak
- Loosening a stranglehold – The Hindu
- Over a billion live on less than $1.25 a day: Oxfam – The Hindu
- Need to cultivate respect for tribal religions
These are Suggested Articles for 19th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also be enough.
- Centre to ban live coverage of security operations – The Hindu
- U.S. worried at Make in India rule – The Hindu
- RS chaos may stymie joint session on ordinances – The Hindu
- Media trials put pressure on courts- The Hindu
- Fiscal autonomy of LSGIs at stake – The Hindu
- Supreme Court ruling limits life of ordinances – The Hindu
- Fewer constitutional matters in SC – The Hindu
- India excess grain stocks worth Rs. 50,000 crore: expert – The Hindu
- A story of exile, a story of betrayal – The Hindu
- The new name of planning – The Hindu
- Looking for a lady from Eastern Europe – The Hindu
- Crisis among the censors – The Hindu
- School system fails students – The Hindu
- A string of coincidences is not a coincidence – The Hindu
- Reserve Bank surprise move endorses the growth story – The Hindu
- Changing face of tech spending and Indian IT – The Hindu
These are Suggested Articles for 18th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
But do read Sunday anchor in the The Hindu and Open page fully,it not only helps you in developing reading habit but also vocabulary etc.
- Jaitley hits back at Samson – The Hindu
- Drug patent: Gilead prepares to appeal – The Hindu
- Insanity cant be sole ground for bail: SC – The Hindu
- Literary world backs Murugan, condemns administration – The Hindu
- Motivated witch-hunt – The Hindu
- Lost and found: a tale of luck and equipoise – The Hindu
- Making the most of the MOOC experience – The Hindu
- Of diagnoses and second opinions – The Hindu
- Going beyond the instruments of knowledge – The Hindu
- Punjabi by birth, special by nature – The Hindu
- A love for language – The Hindu
- The reasonable man vs. the hypersensitive man – The Hindu
- Freedom and restraint – The Hindu
These are Suggested Articles for 17th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- HC stays Odisha decision on mining auction – The Hindu
- Govt. cuts petrol, diesel price; hikes excise duty – The Hindu
- Kasturirangan report: subcommittee to give priority to people’s concerns – The Hindu
- Cabinet clears FM auctions – The Hindu
- Center revises buffer norms for food grains – The Hindu
- Censor Board has not met for 9 months – The Hindu
- Excise duty hikes on fuel erode benefit of price cuts – The Hindu
- SC: Frame guidelines to help nurses – The Hindu
- An author of several landmark amendments – The Hindu
- The death of the author – The Hindu
- State power sans public reason – The Hindu
- Scientists without a scientific temper – The Hindu
- The year of Paris – The Hindu
- RBI’s surprise rate cut – The Hindu
- A space mission that deserves the Nobel – The Hindu
- Center raises excise duties on petrol and diesel | Business Standard News
- Raghuram G Rajan: A central banker in the defense mode | The Financial Express
These are Suggested Articles for 16th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Today is Holiday for Hindu staff so no paper, not even online edition is updated.No worries we have covered all other papers.
Things I noticed(not just now but also from long time) :
- The Hindu’s E paper is behind pay-wall,not at all nice Hindu,with your falling standards Indian Express might be the New Hindu for UPSC aspirants.
- Indian Express and Financial Express got the best websites and E papers.
- Times of India is the only news paper website whose primary navigation bar do not have Opinion section.Enough said.
- Hindustan Times got the most ugliest E paper.
- Winning over the states | The Indian Express Must read !
- Times Of India | Blogs Must read !
- Explained: ‘Freedom’ to express oneself, but within limits Must read !
- Express ideas series | The Indian Express
- The next farm downtrend | The Indian Express Agriculture.
- Chinese Takeaway: Regime Change | The Indian Express IR
- Take interest | The Indian Express
- State of neglect | The Indian Express
- Making of a tragedy | The Indian Express ISIS
- RBI signals turn in rate cycle with repo cut, hint of more | The Financial Express Economy Monetary Policy.
- Column: Are surprise rate cuts the way ahead? | The Financial Express Economy Monetary Policy.
- Editorial: Over to the banks now | The Financial Express Economy Monetary Policy.
These are Suggested Articles for 15th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- SCI-TECH & AGRI News – The Hindu Read full S&T column.
- BREACH OF PEACE one year jail term – The Hindu P2
- DRDO head should be younger- The Hindu P2 Institutions and Freedom .
- When amendment amounts to nullification – The Hindu LARR
- Charlie Hebdo cartoons are bigoted – The Hindu *
- Expansion and crisis – The Hindu EU related.
- Voting from abroad – The Hindu NRI Voting rights and election commission.
- The wrong response to Charlie Hebdo – The Hindu
- World piracy continues to fall but Southeast Asia a worry – The Hindu
- India will catch up with China& growth in 2016-17: World Bank – The Hindu
- Maharashtra clocks one human sacrifice a month – The Hindu Society issues.
- U.P. scholar wins Sahitya Akademi award for Sanskrit – The Hindu PIN
- Inflation inches up in December – The Hind *
- V S Sampath | The Indian Express Interview with election commissioner.
- Incredible Indians | The Indian Express Science and Myth.
- In, and out, of the ghetto | The Indian Express Urbanization.
- Grade F | The Indian Express ASER Report education status.
- Over the hump | Business Standard Editorials Inflation.
These are Suggested Articles for 14th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
Just when I thought The Hindu is slowly losing its edge today’s paper came back strong with many good articles. Have a great time reading friends !
- Learning outcomes poor, says ASER – The Hindu
- Perumal Murugan quits writing – The Hindu
- Act against Saeed: Ban Ki-moon – The Hindu
- Search ads on sex determination under lens – The Hindu
- In maya, the killer and the killed – The Hindu
- Learning from one another – The Hindu
- Cash transfers, the lazy short cut – The Hindu
- Another election in Delhi – The Hindu
- Silencing a sensitive writer – The Hindu
- Can NOTA end Hong Kong political impasse? – The Hindu
- Burning of cow dung cakes near Taj Mahal banned – The Hindu
- Technology available to block search ads: Centre – The Hindu
- MP’s comments embarrassing: Jagdish Bhagwati – The Hindu
- USAID, Gates Foundation offer help – The Hindu
- Decent; humour, dissent, not prohibited – The Hindu
Wishing every one a Happy Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Uttarayan, Bihu, Magh Bihu, Bwisagu, Tusu. That is the great diverse divine India.Via Sri Ram.
These are Suggested Articles for 13th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- SC orders status quo on cockfights – The Hindu
- Centre keen to bring in non-adversarial taxation – The Hindu
- NRIs can vote from abroad: govt. tells SC – The Hindu
- An uncertain Hobbesian life – The Hindu
- The Naxal challenge to electoral process – The Hindu
- Speaking power to satirical truth – The Hindu
- Tamir Rice and the value of life – The Hindu
- Striking truths in the coal sector – The Hindu
- Policy distorts gender equity – The Hindu
- New Space Secretary and ISRO chief – The Hindu
- Overseas votes could prove significant: NRI petitioner – The Hindu
- Roadmap to tackle stunting in tribal kids – The Hindu
- Global outrage at Saudi Arabian blogger’s public flogging – The Hindu
- Indian economy sees growth momentum firming up : OECD – The Hindu
- Industrial production bounces back in November – The Hindu
- An education in governance – The Hindu
Due to some technical problem the posting has been delayed,My apologies to readers.
These are Suggested Articles for 12th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- India can lead smart growth: U.N. chief – The Hindu
- Waiting for government – The Hindu
- No room for choice – The Hindu
- Strengths of legacy media – The Hindu
- America in a tangle over aid to Pakistan – The Hindu*
- Solar panels on top of canal impress U.N. chief – The Hindu*
- Greenpeace activist stopped at airport – The Hindu*
- Investors wary of ordinance route – The Hindu*
- CJI’s remarks on PM inappropriate: Nariman – The Hindu
- Decoding the oil price fall – The Hindu
- Bankers Retreat: a good beginning – The Hindu
* you can happily skip them , in long run you wont ever remember them,but if you have time read them to increase reading speed and learn some thing.
These are Suggested Articles for 11th January 2015 please go through them and read only if you find them useful,Reading Just The Hindu will also do.
- An uncertain glory – The Hindu
- An annual ritual losing its meaning – The Hindu
- An ‘ancient’ treatise no older than 1904 – The Hindu
- An annual ritual losing its meaning – The Hindu
- Ordinances have been ‘handy tool’ since 1952 – The Hindu
- Pranab flags short life of ordinances – The Hindu
- Where Upanishads and Hadith are taught together – The Hindu
- Hear these original inhabitants – The Hindu
- Why litigate when you can mediate and avoid the maze? – The Hindu
- How a minor miracle in Guadalajara saved the day – The Hindu
- Naming the wild winds – The Hindu
- Sindhushree is CEO of NITI Aayog – The Hindu