- Good economics is good politics TOI
- Nation slipping into blind faith Superstition and gold dig based on sadhu dream vs scientific temper
- Panchsheel myths Raja Mohan
- Morality and Mobile Phones in India Excellent article on how mobiles are challenging the old structures
- BDCA with China and its Implications for India IDSA India-china relations
- Vote Bank Politics: A Serious Threat to India’s Unity VIF
- The Tragedy of Moral Mistakes Medical or moral mistakes ?
- Call of duty An atmosphere of suspicion demoralises civil servants. We need deeper reform.IE
- IT and good sense for better governance Pimpri Chinchwad is a standout example of how integrated e-governance can improve urban service delivery.IE
- Seven billion people, seven billion terrorists TheHindu cyber challenges .
The NOTA option is not a right to reject, but it will let disillusioned voters be heard.
How the state has turned around under Nitish Kumar, and why it still needs help.
Critics of India’s nuclear posture have failed to understand the strategic calculus.
Thus, the danger of a Balkanisation of the Internet is real and rings especially for countries like India, whose IT and IT-enabled services sector depend so heavily on it. It is in everybody’s interest that the U.S.-Brazil spat be resolved amicably. For those who believe that the knowledge society is here to stay, and that worldwide connectivity is its handmaiden, this should include a step back from the abyss of breaking up the internet. One way forward is through multilateral governance of the web and stronger penalties for violating our privacy.
Beyond the Brazil-U.S spat [cyber Security]
65 million people live in slums in India, says census data [poverty,welfare]
What is Furlough
In the United States, a furlough is a temporary unpaid leave of some employees due to special needs of a company, which may be due to economic conditions at the specific employer or in the economy as a whole. These involuntary furloughs may be short or long term, and many of those affected may seek other temporary employment during that time.
What is Shutdown of Government ?
In U.S. politics, a government shutdown is a situation in which the government stops providing all but “essential” services. Typically, federal services that continue despite a shutdown include the National Weather Service and its parent agencies, medical services at federal facilities, the postal service, armed forces, air traffic management, and corrections (the penal system). A government shutdown is similar to a lockout in the private sector.
ET this article For FACTS and rankings
IE Incase you missed the aadhaar judgement by Supreme court , and its effects
Undercutting Aadhaar How the court’s order has complicated the UPA’s cash transfer plans.
Article on IMR and status of child deaths in India compared with its neighbors who are investing more in the health field. And in national level there is lot to learn from Tamil Nadu model . More than baby steps required
The Representation of People’s Act amendment and validation ordinance 2013 and the urgency showed by political parties to pass this ordinance is discussed Not above the law
The continuing tendency to arrest writers and authors in the name of sedition and other allegations is killing the spirit of freedom of speech Little reason to restrict the freedom of speech.
Suggestion : Open Laxmikanth Polity book and cover these two sections, Fundamental rights and ordinance issue power of president .