This is the General studies paper 1 Mains 2014 conducted today,Tried to keep it error and Typo free,Any mistakes please Ignore.Also write your answers in the comments sections.
Update : You can download the Official PDF Scans of all the GS Papers :
- To What extent has the urban planning and culture of the Indus Valley Civilization provided inputs to the present day urbanization?Discuss.
- Gandhara Sculpture owed much to the Romans as to the Greeks.Explain
- Taxila University was one of the oldest universities of the world with which were associated a number of renowned learned personalities of different disciplines.Its strategic location caused its fame to flourish, but unlike Nalanada it is not considered as a university in modern sense .Discuss
- The Third Battle of Panipat was fought in 1761 .Why were so many empire shaking battles were fought at Panipat ?
- Sufis and Medieval mystic saints failed to modify either the religious ideas and practices or the outward structure of Hindu/Muslim societies to any appreciable extent.Comment.
- examine critically the various facets of economic policies of the British in India form Mid-eighteenth century till independence.
- In what way did the naval mutiny prove to be the last nail in the coffin of the British colonial aspirations in India?
- What were the major political economic and social developments in the world which motivated the anti-colonial struggle in India?
- What were the events that led to Suez canal in 1956?How did it deal a final blow to Britain’s self-image as a world power ?
- The New economic policy 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after Independence .Evaluate.
- How does patriarchy impact the position of a middle class working woman in India?
- why do some of the most prosperous regions of India have an adverse sex ratio for women?give your Arguments.
- The life cycle of a joint Family depends on economic factors rather than social values.Discuss.
- Discuss the various economic and socio-cultural forces that are driving increasing feminiazation of agriculture in India.
- How does Indian debates on secularism differ from the debates of the west?
- Most of the unusual climatic happenings are explained as an outcome of the El-Nino effect.Do you agree?
- Why are the worlds fold mountains systems located along margins of continents?Bring out the association between the global distribution of fold mountains and the earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Explain the formation of thousands of Islands in Indonesian and Philippines archipelagos.
- Tropical cyclones are largely confined to south china sea ,bay of Bengal and Gulf of Mexico.Why?
- Bring out the relationship between the shrinking Himalayan glaciers and the symptoms of climate change in the Indian sub-continent.
- Whereas the British planters had developed tea gardens all along the shivlaiks and lesser Himalayas from Assam to Himachal Pradesh,In effect they did not succeed beyond the Darjeeling area.Explain.
- Why did the Green Revolution in India virtually bypass the eastern region despite fertile soil and availability of water?
- Account for the change in the spatial pattern of the Iron and Steel Industry in the World.
- Critically evaluate the various resources of the oceans which can be harnessed to meet the resource crisis in the world.
- How does India see its place in the economic space of rising natural resources rich Africa?
Please Do not copy or if sharing give proper credit.