UPSC 2016 serious aspirants have started preparation already, test series are about to begin for some institutes too , so here is UPSC Prelims and Mains 2016 Book list.
I have written a detailed post on Prelims book list here , this post is a simplified version of that.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography -Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance -Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Laxmikanth ! + newspapers.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
Ramesh Singh + sri ram IAS xerox + newspapers
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Write every possible test series you can lay your hands on up till April .
- Comprehension Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytically ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
So as of now , this section dose not have importance, practice previous career launcher papers and UPSC papers.
Suggested book : Arihanth Cracking the CSAT Paper – 2
Thanks to Mrunal Bhai for uploading ncert & nios books.