Read between the lines is to encourage aspirants to self study and refocus on the newspapers instead of totally depending on third party sources for their preparation.
We are Moving our blog iksa.in to Blog.ParivarthanIAS.com For the sake of our readers to make the transition we will continue posting here also for the next 15 days, we request you to subscribe to the new blog. We sincerely hope you will continue your support.Subscribe here to get regular email Updates https://blog.parivarthanias.com/follow/
How to make most of Read between the lines Explained here, also you can find all the Previous read between the lines posts here in the archives.
Important Keywords and Topics In Newspapers [09-05-20]
Constitution, Polity & Governance
- National green tribunal
- Central pollution control board
- Public interest litigation
- who are called as undertrials
- National green tribunal
- national human right commission suo moto
- one nation one ration card scheme
What is absolute liability ? & what is strict liability ? is absolute liability a part of article 21 ?
The National Green Tribunal’s order on the Visakhapatnam gas tragedy found LG Polymers prima facie liable under the 19th century English law principle of “strict liability”, which was made redundant in India by the Supreme Court in 1986.
Lawyers say the term “absolute liability” should have been used instead.
What is strict liability principle ?
- For, under the “strict liability principle”, a party is not liable and need not pay compensation if a hazardous substance escapes his premises by accident or by an “act of God’” among other circumstances.
- The Supreme Court, while deciding the Oleum gas leak case of Delhi, found strict liability woefully inadequate to protect citizens’ rights in an industrialised economy like India and replaced it with the ‘absolute liability principle’.
What is ‘absolute liability principle’?
- So, under the absolute liability principle, the apex court held that a company in a hazardous industry cannot claim any exemption. It has to mandatorily pay compensation, whether or not the disaster was caused by its negligence. The court said a hazardous enterprise has an “absolute non-delegable duty to the community”.
- “If any harm results on account of such activity, the enterprise must be absolutely liable to compensate for such harm irrespective of the fact that the enterprise had taken all reasonable care and that the harm occurred without any negligence on its part,” Justice Bhagwati wrote.
- The principle of absolute liability is part of Article 21 (right to life) … The courts, to make the legal position clear, should use the term ‘absolute liability’ in orders and judgments,”.
Society & Social issues
- Asha workers
- practice of female genital mutilation example from India
- Dharavi Asia’s largest slum –which is the world’s largest slum
- consider the following:
- how to maintain social distance in a 10 by 10 room in slums ?
- Majority of population depend on common toilets in slums which increases chances of infections
- what are the steps that should be taken?
International relations & Institutions
- World health organisation
- operation samudra Setu which country
- operation vande Bharat
- India should talk to Taliabn and discuss concerns directly do you agree with this statement ?
- by talking to taliban isn’t America legitimising Terrorists ?
- “as the peace process gets more serious and the US taliban agreement goes into next stages we want India to take a more active role in the peace process” is it in India’s interest ?what do India gain by talking to taliban ?why should we talk to Taliban ?
- What is official stand as of now in relation to taliban ?
- Asian infrastructure investment bank
- Food corporation of India
- what are global commons
- labour issues in India
- consolidation of labour laws
- Asian development Bank
- international monetary fund
- what is gross value addition
- Rabi crops kharif crops
- monetary policy
- repo rate
- cash reserve ratio
- what is fiscal stimulus
- gross domestic product
- what is corporate social responsibility
- COVID19 crisis had made it amply clear that migrant labours and contract labours are at the mercy of contractors..Need social security system to protect them.
- government rises borrowing to 12 lakh crore in financial year 2021 will it lead to crowding out effect ?
- what are credit rating agencies ? Large stimulus packages attract rating cut ? not adhering to frbm targets will also attract rating cuts ?
- non banking financial institution
- derivative trading at gift City
- Central bureau of investigation
- Border security force
- Indian coast guard come under which ministry
- line of actual control
- border road organisation
- patriot missile system
Science and Technology
- what are antibodies
Geography, ,Environment, Biodiversity and Disaster Management
- olive ridley turtles iucn status? Odisha Rishikulya rookery
- kaleshwaram lift irrigation project which state
- Global positioning systems
- bluetooth technology
History, Indian Heritage and Culture
- Jyoti Bai Phule
- 75 years since the end of World war II –Nazism
- Using of artificial intelligence + cctv cameras to detect face mask violation ..privacy violation?ethical ? what are your thoughts ? Hyderabad Police