Hello Friends , Clearing UPSC is THE DREAM or goal or proving a point to some people, what ever be the motivation, if you are reading this then you are in the world of UPSC , a bit deep than most people.
So not beating around the bush I will come straight to the point, Prelims 2019 is 65/66 days away and what are you doing about it ?
- I will write this attempt and there is no confusion in my mind — why ? — It’s burning your boats– no excuses , no confusion, either you are writing or not , there is no in-between , dilemma scenario.
- If you are a total fresher or new to UPSC do not write for the experience sake with out preparation( Benchmark : If you have not read laxmikanth , you are not eligible) Again it’s not becasue you get questions form laxmikanth , it shows your preparedness.
- I have not completed static books… still 65 days are there read them with focus in worst case scenario it will still help you gain lot of knowledge and next attempt will be much easier.
- This is my serious attempt aspirants….. this is your only attempt…. every minute wasted today is a regret in the future.
- There are always excuses and distractions and weakness … but are they really worth wasting your attempt ?
- Over confidence lot: Last year I cleared..so it’s cool I can manage.. but you have to put in more effort or equivalent but not less..
- Do not over focus on mains till last minute .. prelims is not that easy any more !
- Reading same books again and again is hard work , I know. But it’s the best thing we can do, escaping is easy, find excuses is easy, thinking we have attempts left is easy.. but sitting there for 6-8 hours that is the real challenge.
We can divide them in to three layers
- NCERT – analytical and factual
- Static books – analytical and factual
- Current affairs – analytical and factual
There are enough blog posts and toppers articles and videos to fill a library on what to read and where, so make sure no stone is left un-turned .
- Join any reputed test series. Pay if possible brings seriousness as you paid money. Quality work needs appreciation.
- If you have access to Free test series do solve them, don’t become material collector- solve questions today dont postpone till may, after reading I will solve, that will never happen.
- Solve Previous UPSC papers.
- More the merrier , solving means learning a topic from explanation and it’s peripheral areas.
- Don’t fall for cheap and more no of test series — Reputed institutes provide quality, any one with word and a telegram channel can run test series , so if you follow any and every test series you are playing with fire and of course your life and attempt.
- Do not be cheap with your life, paying money or buying quality is investment in your future self, saving 5000rs today and wasting an attempt is the most foolish thing one can d0 .
- At the same time don’t buy more than one at a time.. complete any one series with dedication with exam like environment.
- Get rid of toxic people
- Maintain a healthy distance from Friends/relatives who are negative.
- Most important is stay away from non serious aspirants — reading 18 hours a day avoid them 😛 too much hungama I say !
- Laziness and not being serious is contagious, if every one you know is not working hard you too might get in to the same mindset..
- Good roommates and friends create a synergy and pull you up, and put fear in your heart to work hard, motivation will come from with in.
- Join reading rooms and library to create momentum.
- Write a journal every night before sleeping so that we can feel some shame on the amount of time wasted 😛 or can feel good vibes by seeing all things we accomplished in a day and also plan for tomorrow.
- DO mediation , i know it sounds so boring… weak perhaps, but for some it will help a lot .
- Create a system around you to keep you motivated till next 65 days … life will never be the same.
- Above all Parents are your real strength.
So all serious aspirants know this much , that we have to read NCERT/Static books/Solve many many mocks/Read news papers/ and repeat … nothing special I guess 30000 most serious and potential aspirants are doing this .. but what differentiates the successful one’s and the almost there but not there unlucky batch ?
Confidence and desperation ! Be desperate , we think we are serious but we are not fully serious , it’s like theory and practice, in mind we are all super duper bumper serious aspirants, but in action? Knowledge is never the reason of failure among the top 30k serious aspirants they are all same more or less.. it’s the dedication and calmness that comes with confidence that makes all the difference in the world.
Throw away your personal energy guzzlers and issues and toxic people for 65 days above all look in the mirror and answer yourself are you serious in theory or practice ?
Hope this will start a thought in your mind where you spend a minute to introspect and re adjust and focus again .. all the very best for a great attempt.
PS: I am done with UPSC, so I wrote this post to share my views with aspirants and not supported/affiliate or paid by any institute. Would be happy to hear your views back in comments/@naylak on telegram or [email protected]
Parivarthan iksa.in was started in 2013 to share what we know about UPSC
Thanks and regards