Hello friends this is a collection of UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 paper with answers and explanations.
- UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018-General Studies Question Paper I IAS Baba
DOWNLOAD QUESTION PAPER (GENERAL STUDIES PAPER-1): UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2018 Insights better Quality *
UPSC Question Paper 2018 – Download Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2018 General Studies Paper 1 Questions Clear IAS
Just some questions Googled for quick checking, I personally suggest Shankar IAS academy/ IAS parliament key and Cut off prediction.
- Shankar IAS GS paper 1 answer key
- Shankar IAS GS paper 2 answer key
- Vajiram and Ravi GS paper 1 Answer key
- Insights GS paper 1 answer key
- IAS Baba GS paper 1 answer Key
- Mural Science and technology questions explanation.
The ATM linking question :
- In August 2003, the IDRBT announced that it would be creating the National Financial Switch (NFS) to link together the country’s ATMs in a single network. It is run by the National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI).
Rule of Law Index :
- world Justice project.
Dried up shrunk immensely
- Aral sea and lake Baikal
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea and Shrinking Baikal dries wells 300 kilometers away from unique lake
Books on Mazzini, Garibaldi
- Lala Lajpat Rai
Merchant Discount Rate?
- MDR is a fee charged from a merchant by a bank for accepting payments from customers through credit and debit cards in their establishments.
- Delhi: 28.7041° N, 77.1025° E
- Bengaluru 12.9716° N, 77.5946° E
- Hyderabad 17.3850° N, 78.4867° E
- Nagpur 21.1458° N, 79.0882° E
- Pune 18.5204° N, 73.8567° E
ILO 138 and 182 : Child labour
Geographical Indications : India, as a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), enacted the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration & Protection)Act, 1999 has come into force with effect from 15th September 2003.
National food security act : National Food Security Act, 2013 (210 KB)
- BPL is wrong and also it’s 600 calories so leaving 2 only
- The eldest woman who is not less than eighteen years of age, in every eligible household, shall be head of the household for the purpose of issue of ration cards.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Various central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act,1954, Fruit Products Order , 1955, Meat Food Products Order,1973,
- Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order, 1947,Edible Oils Packaging (Regulation)Order 1988, Solvent Extracted Oil, De- Oiled Meal and Edible Flour (Control) Order, 1967, Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992 etc will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006.
- The Act also aims to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards, by moving from multi- level, multi- departmental control to a single line of command.The Act establishes an independent statutory Authority
- The Chapchar Kut is a festival of Mizoram
traditional Manipuri music Khongjom Parva
- Thang ta during Sangai Festival in Manipur.
- Sujani Embroidery Bihar
- Uppada Jamdani Sari is a silk sari style woven in Uppada of East Godavari district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Leaving only 1 Puthukkuli shawls – Tamilnadu
Legal tender is any official medium of payment recognized by law that can be used to extinguish a public or private debt, or meet a financial obligation. The national currency is legal tender in practically every country. A creditor is obligated to accept legal tender toward repayment of a debt.
Wannacry , petaya and eternal blue: Cyber attacks.
Future Buddha : According to Buddhist tradition, Maitreya is a bodhisattva who will appear on Earth in the future.
Diamonds question : The French traveler Jean Baptiste Tavernier visited the Krishna River diggings in 1665, and estimated that about 60,000 people were mining diamonds.
Sthānakavāsī is a sect of Śvētāmbara Jainism founded by a merchant named Lavaji in 1653 AD sthanakvasi question
The Hind Mazdoor Sabha Its founders included Basawon Singh (Sinha), Ashok Mehta, R.S. Ruikar, Maniben Kara, Shibnath Banerjee, R.A. Khedgikar, T.S. Ramanujam, V.S. Mathur, G.G. Mehta.
Alarm question : Internet of things
The carbon fertilization effect The CO2 fertilization effect or carbon fertilization effect suggests that the increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere increases the rate of photosynthesis in plants. The effect varies depending on the plant species, the temperature, and the availability of water and nutrients.
- The Belle II experiment is a particle physics experiment designed to study the properties of B mesonsBelle II is the successor to the Belle experiment
- Blockchain : Crypto currency
- CRISPR Cas9 – Gene editing
GM mustard : Delhi university and ICAR ans must be 2 ?
Genetically modified crops: Taking fear-mongering to new heights Concerns over GM mustard impacting pollination and honey production have no empirical basis
- Three satellites will be in geostationary orbit
- Rest Geosynchronous
- It covers India and a region extending 1,500 km (930 mi) around it.
Catalonia Spain , if you know this much B and D are eliminated ,
- leaving Mindanao is the second largest island in the Philippines.
- The Republic of Crimea, officially part of Ukraine, lies on a peninsula stretching out from the south of Ukraine between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov.
Momentum for Change: Climate Neutral Now
- The UNFCCC secretariat launched its Climate Neutral Now initiative in 2015.
The Partnership for Action on Green Economy (PAGE) was launched in 2013 as a response to the call at Rio+20 to support those countries wishing to embark on greener and more inclusive growth trajectories.
Gandhi secured the presidency of Home rule league in 1920 , they changed the name to Swarajya Sabha not home rule league .
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a platform to certify those individuals who have work experience in a concerned skill or have learned a skill without formal training or qualification. Individuals will be certified according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
Kodaikanal Lake, also known as Kodai Lake is a manmade lake located in the Kodaikanal city in Dindigul district in Tamil Nadu, India. Sir Vere Henry Levinge, the then Collector of Madurai, was instrumental in creating the lake in 1863.
Tyagaraja composed thousands of devotional compositions, most in Telugu and in praise of Lord Rama so we can eliminate option 1, they are not contemporaries , so it leaves B 2 and 4 only.
THAAD – is an American anti-ballistic missile defense system designed to shoot down short-, medium-, and intermediate-range ballistic missiles in their terminal phase.
Bani Thani is an Indian miniature painting painted by Nihâl Chand from the Marwar school of Kishangarh.
Mazar-i-Sharif often called just Mazar, is the fourth-largest city of Afghanistan , Aleppo is a city in Syria . Kirkuk is a city in Iraq. Mosul is a major city in northern Iraq.
ASEAN : Aus- Newzland-China -Japan- India http://asean.org/asean-economic-community/free-trade-agreements-with-dialogue-partners/
The concept of Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA) was originally developed by FAO and officially presented and at the Hague Conference on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change in 2010, GACSA is an inclusive, voluntary and action-oriented multi-stakeholder platform on Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA).
An Additional Protocol (AP) to the Safeguards Agreement between the Government of India and the IAEA for the Application of Safeguards to Civilian Nuclear Facilities entered into force on 25 July 2014.
The Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III (GSLV-III), also referred to as the Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LVM3) is a three-stage medium-lift launch vehicle developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary – Arunachal Pradesh, Pakke Tiger Reserve, also known as Pakhui Tiger Reserve.
The right to privacy is protected as an intrinsic part of the right to life and personal liberty under Article 21.