UPAC Topper Kanishak Kataria AIR 1 started sharing his Strategy, Sources and PDF Notes via a Telegram channel .
Free daily Email Updates
In His own words :
Hi, I will be sharing some Evernote notes which I used. They are derived from my classnotes, some test series trivia, other online and offline information. There might be some typos here and there. Please bear with them. These notes are in no ways exhaustive. They were supplemented by other offline material, for both Prelims and Mains.
Kanishak Kataria Books List:
In his own words: Many people have asked me about my booklist. It’s more or less similar to my friend Prudhvitej’s booklist (AIR 24 UPSC 2017) – replace all classnotes with Vajiram classnotes.
It’ll take me sometime to arrange all the information. Till then you can refer to his sources: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lpa7-LoNMQ36OsDuyJtJDCpu89bMJ50f
- The given booklist is neither exhaustive nor suﬃcient for qualiﬁcation in prelims.
- Much of it was constrained by my optional.
- Depending on own level of comfort, students should refer to the books.
- I DID NOT copy any other topper’s booklist.
- I just got a basic understanding and then read what I felt most comfortable with.
- Each topic was also updated through Test series reverse learning – Vajiram and Vision – both available online.
- Internet was also used to improve the collected information.
- All class-notes are from Vajiram classes made by myself and NOT COPIED.
- Vision PT 365s were referred for all the topics, specially Environment and Science and Technology.
- Jain Sir class notes
- Only few chapters from NCERT (couldn’t remember much)
- Test series reverse learning
- Medieval: No bandwidth to prepare. Only relied on test series trivia.
- Parmar Sir class notes
- Spectrum (selective reading)
- Vajiram class notes + test series.
- No bandwidth to read any book.
- NCERT: Indian Constitution at Work
- Vajiram Classnotes -Ravindran Sir, Abhey Sir, Abhilash Sir, Gautam Sir
- NCERTs – XI, XII
- Vajiram classnotes -Shivarpit Sir, Manocha Sir, Amit Sir
- Self Map work
- Rajtanil lectures – Only Physical Geography
- Internet – pmﬁas
- NCERT – XII Macroeconomics
- Vajiram classnotes -Vibhas Sir, Samyak Sir, Kapuria Sir, Sanghi Sir
- Sriram booklet (not end to end but topic wise)
- Economic Survey – Part II
- Internet – Investopedia, Arthapedia, Vikaspedia etc.
- Vajiram classnotes -Bindu Ma’am for Biotech, Binoy Sir for Space Tech + Nanotech,Rahul Sir for everything else
- Internet reading
- NCERT Biology XII – last 4 chapters
- Vaishali Ma’am class notes
- Self notes using Unacademy, Internet
- Shankar Book- selected chapters (didn’t like the book that much)
- Daily newspaper without fail
- IYB: only class notes from Vajiram
- PT 365s
- No time for Magazines and Monthly compilations
- Newspapers + Vision PTs
Watch From 41 Minute Onward:
Ancient History :
- Own strategy: Had very less time. So tried to cover class notes only. If someone has time/interest, please refer to other standard books like XIth NCERT and/or Nitin Singhania. Ancient History Notes in the “history” notebook are from Jain Sir’s classes at Vajiram. A lot of information has been added to it through test series materials.Those facing issues in this particular topic along with paucity of time, can try to cover these notes. Hopefully, they will be of some benefit in the examination.